Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Insperation Part 2 - Abandonned Workshops


Welcome Back!


As I have mentioned in my previous Inspiration post, I have recently discovered the joys of exploration. Lately I have been concentrating on historical sites, abandoned vehicles or deserted buildings. I have found that this sightseeing can be good inspirational material for writing.


This entry contains more photos of my travels to the town of Merrickville, Ontario. I found an interesting location, consisting of abandoned buildings currently being used for (what appears to be) nothing more than junk storage. Broken down doors, caved-in roofs, crumbling walls… this small isolated section of town was once used for mills and workshops.


Some parts of these old ruins were blocked off to the public for safety reasons, others because they were considered private property. For these reasons, I will have to refrain from giving the exact location.




Some parts of these ruins give me the impression of being an abandoned town, years after some sort of catastrophic event. Some of the junk there was pretty interesting too, like old phone booths or industrial tanks. I especially liked the old Christmas decoration, which had been left on the door, forgotten for who knows how long.


Hope this has inspired some of you! I look forward to posting more pictures of my future explorations!


Until next time!


Cheers,

Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment