Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Current Projects Part 7

Welcome back all!

       Today's  “Current Project” post follows my second milestone on the journey to becoming a writer: reaching 2000 views on my blog! Also, my Google+ page has surpassed the 10k views and my Twitter has reached over 700 followers. My social media is slowly gaining attention, and I'm impressed by everyone's support, it means a lot to me. My FB page seems to be lacking, however, so I have put together the "100 for 100" stunt (more on that later).
 
 
        The month of July has proven to be a hurdle on this mission to becoming a writer. All of the headway I had gained in previous months has been exhausted, leaving me struggling to keep the pace. Several obstacles have surfaced, forcing me to reevaluate how I will be doing things going forward.
 
        The first problem surfaced when Google made an update to Google Drive. This means I have lost access to Drive while at work, as the app no longer functions on Internet Explorer 9. Furthermore, I have been having issues connecting to Drive from my home computer, meaning my access to Google Drive is practically inexistent. I am currently looking into other options on where to migrate my documents, but until this is resolved, it will severely  slow down my work. Which is bad, since all of my writing for Missing Worlds Media, as well as my own books, were done via Google docs.
 
        My laptop also suffered this month, as it went offline due to technical failure. Fortunately, a few days in a shop later, it is now back to working order... for now.
 
        On a more positive note; I started my new job at the Copyright Department! I have learned a lot over the past few weeks, have come across many interesting items. You can expect to have at least a few updates in the near future that will be about Copyright and how it affects us as writers.
 
        This new job comes with a draw back; my daily commute has now gone from 2 hours to 4 hours each day. This also has taken a bite out of my writing time, however it has given me more reading time. So it kind of broke even on that one! :p

        So all of these changes will force me to adapt how many posts I create per month. From now on, I plan on having one post of each type per month (By the Book, Inspiration, Current Projects, etc). This will help me keep on top of things, as well as standardize my blog!
 
         As we entered the final week of July, I am now beginning the last required preparations for our trip to Chicago. My wife Linda and I made a checklist, and are gathering the last few items we need. I have put together an itinerary of the sights we will be seeing. You can expect to see a lot of pictures from Chicago in the future, as I will be taking a lot of notes as research for my own book! By the time this gets posted, the trip will be only a few shorts days away.
 
        Finally, as I mentioned earlier, I have been trying to come up with ideas to attract more attention to my Facebook Page. This is when I came up with the "100 for 100" idea! For every 100 likes on my FB page, I will post a 100 word post from my book. This can be anything from a character bio to an actual part of the story. Be sure to share these posts, cause for every time my FB pages gets 100 likes, I post a new bit of my book. This also applies to followers on my blog, for every 100 follower I get, I will post a short 100 word paragraph on my story. The follow button should be on the right side column of my blog. So get cracking!
 
That is all for now, take care and I will see you on the front lines!
 
Cheers,
 
Patrick Osborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment