Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Current Projects Part 8


Welcome Back!


August has been memorable to say the least. Work, writing and having fun on my vacation kept me running around all month with very little time to stay still. Regardless of being full of challenges as well as activities, I managed to get some progress done on my projects. Read on for more details!


Cloud Gate in Millennium Park.


The biggest thing about August was obviously my trip to Chicago! My wife’s conference lasted for three days, meaning we had a lot of time to check out to local tourist attractions (and the food! Deep dish pizza FTW!). During our stay, we got to experience the Shedd Aquarium, the Field Museum, the Art Institute museum and the Navy Pier. I took over five hundred photos, so you can expect to see many of them in my future Inspiration posts!


           As mentioned last month, I have encountered difficulties working with Google Drive. This was a real problem, since all my work is done using G-Drive. This problem still persists on my personal laptop, but I managed to find workarounds in order to access the drive. So now this is more like a constant annoying issue than a veritable obstacle.


The Villain Path I was working on for Missing Worlds Media is still a work in progress. The character that was missing for the arc has been selected, and I am now working on creating their background document. In order to not delay progress on the Villain Path, some changes were made to reflect the inclusion of this new NPC (Non-Player-Character). Once I finish this new character and the modifications to the path, it will be resubmitted to the Continuity department for review.


Also had the opportunity to get some progress on my own work.


The character file for my main protagonist is roughly 90% complete. A few additional tweaks are needed, but further detailing of the setting is required before that information can be included. Therefore I started a new document named “Magic vs Technology”, which explains both the magical and technological levels in the world my story takes place in.


Chipped away at my Progress Tree as well, getting a few more chapters ironed out. This part of the process is taking longer than originally anticipated since I changed a major detail in the beginning of the story, forcing me to rethink half of my original plot. However, I am glad of the change and satisfied of the current result. I’m also thankful I am currently not working with a deadline!


Another thing I worked on this month which was the prophecy in which my characters find themselves entangled in. This divination manifests itself in the story in the form of a poem, so needless to say… I had to get my old poetry writing skills out. “Chaos Traveller” (name pending) is still a work in progress, but is coming along nicely.


           And finally, before I had a chance to see it coming, the “three thousand views” on my blog just flew by! I didn’t point out to this milestone like I did with the “two thousand views”, since I feel it was too soon. So I am saving my next special thank you for the 5k views! Again I would just like to thank everyone for their support and for taking the time our of their busy lives to come read my blog. And a special thank you to Alexis Radcliff for last months interview.


Thank you all again,


Until next time,


Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment