Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Current Projects 16


Welcome back!

    What a month it has been. As I write this, we are currently in the last week of April. Normally by this time, I have the next months complete line up of posts finished and ready to be shared. However my workload has been keeping me occupied these past few weeks, affecting my progress, despite having decided to reduce the quantity of my content last month. Though May promises to be just as busy, I still have content planned.


    With that being said, let me go over what I have planned for this month.


Typing away....


    I had no overall theme for May, so instead my articles will have different themes inspired from this month's different holidays. I will try to write five posts, but judging from my progress at this point, I will probably settle for four in order to work on some projects and get a jumpstart on my content for the month of June.


In the absence of new material, I will be reposting some of last years content to my social media. Furthermore, I will try to focus my future on content or use keywords which help draw in additional traffic to my blog, a trick I learned from interacting with other writers. I have been using this technique for the past several months, and it has proven to be successful to some degree, but still requires practice.


   
My first article will be for the not-so-official-but-still-celebrated holiday of Star Wars day on May 4th (may the 4th be with you). I will be discussing a novel based on the popular space opera for this months book review, sharing the important lessons that I learned from its pages.


   
Another author has volunteered themselves to be interviewed for my blog, and though I have no particular theme or holiday to link it to, the information they share is still quite valuable. For those reading this, if you are (or know) a published author and want to volunteer to be interviewed for this blog, feel free to contact me. I can be reached via instant message on my facebook, twitter or google+ accounts. Replying to this post will also get my attention, and I will be able to reach you from there.



I have something very personal planned for May’s inspirational post. Themed after Mother’s Day, I will be sharing with my audience the source of my artistic talents and interests. It will be, hands down, the most difficult post I will have ever written. I hope you all appreciate what I will have to share.




As for what I have been doing recently, the bulk of my writing time this past month has been spent on my latest assignment for Missing Worlds Media. My task consisted of creating two different story arcs, one intended for Heroic Players, and the other for Villainous Players. The story arcs are inspired by elements of the district known as Liberty Harbor, and will serve not only as a challenging series of tasks, but as an insight into the area’s history, landscape and population.


The original turn in date for this assignment was mid-April, but luckily we were given an extension which gave me enough time to complete both series on time. They have now been submitted for review, and I am awaiting feedback before doing any changes.




Speaking of assignments, I have recently been given a new project to work on at my day job. I can’t go into too much details at this time, but I can say I am verifying copyright statuses for art that will be used for an upcoming exhibit. The project is really time consuming, as it requires me to do quite a lot of detective work.


Even though this might sound boring and tedious to some, it can be interesting. There is also some perks that comes with my job, one of which I will be experiencing in a few weeks! I have been chosen to represent Library and Archives Canada at this year's Comic Con in Ottawa! I will be manning a booth at the Con, and my job will be to raise the public's awareness to what we do. I look forward to this opportunity, and the fact that I will be given free access to the Comic Con is not so bad either! Feel free to drop by and come see me at the LAC booth if you are in the area.


Also this month is the opening of the comic book exhibit I had been working on earlier this year. I was invited to attend the grand opening since I had worked on the licencing required for this project. I will be sharing pictures from the event later this month.




As for my own projects, they have pretty much been put on hold for the past month. I have not been able to touch much of anything at all. Family life and work took priority, and the little time I had to write had to be focused on my tasks for Missing World Media in order to respect deadlines. That being said, even if I have no time to actually write, I am always thinking,  and managed to write down few random ideas so that I wouldn’t forget them.

That is all I have to report for this month. Thank you all for dropping by and keeping up with my progress. It is truly appreciated.


Until next time!


Cheers,


Patrick Osborne


**All images in this post are considered public domain under the Creative Commons law (CC0)**

No comments:

Post a Comment