Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my journey, my first steps into the world of fictional writing. This blog is an online journal of sorts, where I share the progress of my work as well as what I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy your time with me and that my experience may be of some use to you.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Current Projects part 22

Welcome back,

After going through a life altering event recently, I found myself feeling lost, insecure, sad and a little afraid. A considerable amount of time over the past few weeks was spent asking myself what do I do now, what do I really want and where do I go from here? I will spare you all the Kierkegaard inspired existential ranting and move on to this month's progress update.

Untitled16.PNG

           My current situation has made gaining progress somewhat of a challenge. Even though I find myself with more free time, motivation and inspiration have been lacking. In an attempt to deal with all this change, I have tried to come up with a daily routine to keep me busy. Try as I may, my thoughts always deviate from my writing back to my problems.

So the only answer I have right now is to face these thoughts as they come. I must live through this experience and learn from it; both from a life lesson perspective, as well as potential writing material for later use. It may prove useful if I ever decide to describe heartache, sadness or depression.

           So in terms of my projects, the only real writing I have done lately is for the following month’s blog articles. Though ideas for content did not come easily, I managed to put a few things together. Despite not having an overall theme for the month, I hope you will all find November’s articles both useful and interesting.

Image result for city of titans

           My work for Missing Worlds Media has been getting some attention lately, as introductory news articles are being prepared regarding content I contributed to. MWM staff writers have been asking me to review documents they wrote that contain information on characters I created in order to check for accuracy. Seeing so much interest for my work gives me a much needed confidence boost. Though I am unsure of when these articles will be posted, you can be sure I will be sharing there here once I can.

For those interested in following Missing Worlds Media and the progress on our project, City of Titans, please visit our website at  http://cityoftitans.com/

           As for my story, it has pretty much grinded to a halt. Whatever motivation I could muster this month has been used to create these blog articles, so my book did not see much attention. The only progress made was on the current character sheet I am working on, Vivian Winters, and a few entries were made in my timeline spreadsheet.

That covers pretty much everything I have been up to this month. I wish I had more to report, or that the tone would be livelier. Hopefully things will settle down for me soon and I will be able to get back into the swing of things. Until then, I thank you all for your support and wish you all good luck in your endeavours.

Cheers,

Patrick Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment